Add Reply
New Poll

Upper Hand, Cinaed/Kamata
Shifter
  • 19 yrs
  • Single
  • Cinaed
Like a knife in the woods you hunt out the good in me.
Posted On: Jun 5 2017, 09:13 PM
Your heart's a vine that I've bled trying to climb.
user posted image
But like a knife in the woods, yeah you hunt down the good in me.

Hand gripped at the fabric of his shirt, Chirin keeps his eyes downcast as he walks down the now familiar hallways of Mazi. He takes this particular hallway every morning because he knows - he knows he'll see his friend out of the corner of his eye through the messy locks of his hair as he himself blends in with the bustling crowds of students going from class to class. He's done this for years. He's not sure if Cinaed has noticed, but he he isn't sure if he hopes the other teen has or hasn't. He's been trying to muster up courage for years to approach him again, but he could never find the right time, the right feeling. He isn't sure if it will ever feel like the right time, but it has to happen. Something between a grin and a sheer look of illness crosses his face as he rounds the corner to where he knows Cinaed usually hangs out with his friends in the morning. Chirin hasn't ever talked to Cinaed's friends. They intimidate him. Cinaed intimidates him more, but at least he knew Cinaed.

But...

Did he? Did he really still know his friend after so long? They hadn't spoken once since that day now more than ten years ago. When would things change?

Today, Chirin tells himself, trying to feign confidence. Cinaed was always confident. Be more like Cinaed. Then you can talk to him. He believes that if he doesn't seem so weak to Cinaed that Cinaed will respect him again - that maybe they can be friends again. He misses his friend so much that he's never given up hope. Never. Not for all of these years. He believes they can have what they used to have.

Chirin's grip tightens, his knuckles whitening as he forces himself to raise his head. He's there, as expected. Surrounded by friends - also expected. Chirin can feel the sweat beading at his hairline as his heart thumps in his chest. He wonders how loud it is to people who hear. Is it loud enough for people to know how scared he really is? He will never know. He wonders if he can ask someone else if that's even possible, but he's also embarrassed. It's a whole other world to them. He wishes sometimes he was a part of it.

But wishing never accomplished anything, he told himself. And wishing that what he wants to do now was easier wasn't actually going to make it any easier. He swallows the lump in his throat, and as he shuffles closer to his goal he feels his heart drop to his stomach. He feels like time is agonizingly slow right now. Maybe if he was quick enough, he could just abandon this whole plan and leave it for another day like he always did, but before he could, Cinaed's gaze finds his own, and he freezes up.

"H...." he tries to speak aloud. His breath catches short though- his tongue feels heavy, his mouth feels dry. "Hck--!"

Chirin immediately covers his mouth, eyes round and terrified. He avoids eye contact with Cinaed as the other teen's friends eye Chirin with a raised brow. What in the world was he thinking trying to speak to Cinaed?! Stupid... Stupid...

He can feel his eyes warming as he fights the urge to cry of embarrassment. Heat is rising to his ears. He wants nothing more than to turn tail and run back home now. So much for a good first day of the semester.

Tags: Cinaed Power
OOC: God i hate myself for this character. Also how does writing work?
Human
  • 19 yrs
  • single
  • SOON
you're the reason i just can't concentrate, i've been trying to fix my pride, but that shit's broken, that shit's broken
Posted On: Jun 5 2017, 10:09 PM
Friends. God, that's a fucking riot.

He has no real friends. Anyone he hangs around is just as mean as he is, would drop him just as fast as he'd drop them. It's a mutual existence of hatred and lack of empathy. Nah, fuck, he doesn't even know what empathy is. They just co-exist like a rocker and groupies or -- something. Nothing good. They leech off of him and he leeches off of the attention. No going at each other for their problems and all that shit.

He doesn't need anyone else.

He laughs a little louder than usual, as though his subconscious could feel Chirin's approach before his senses could. That still didn't stop his friends from shutting the fuck up and staring as the green haired boy approached. Cinaed was left laughing alone -- shocker -- and that very sense of loneliness makes him turn his head.

His grin goes from shit-eating to menacing, eyes bursting with fire and nostrils flaring. What the... fuck...?

Surprising himself, Cinaed waits.

Maybe it's because there's this weird lump in his chest that's making him stop his shouting. Maybe it's the memory of once being best friends with the kid that makes him swallow. Not like he can ever fucking understand how his own brain works; that shit's for smart people, not dumbasses held back a grade.

He tries to push the thought away that he misses him like bile. Swallowing around that one's a bitch, though, isn't it?

One of the goons prepares to open his mouth, wanting to tell the kid off (like Cinaed probably should've done by now already) but then the dumbfuck decides to open his mute mouth instead.

"Oh, boy, here we go," the redhead behind him sneers.

Why does Cinaed suddenly want to punch his fucking lights out? Fuck. Shut up, just try to manage the anger... or funnel it to the kid, right? That's what he's supposed to do.

Hk? Hck? God, he sounds like he's about to throw up.

Something inside Cinaed clenches, and he feels his shoulders rise in protective anger. Walls up, fists out. Get out of here, you idiot. You fucking idiot, I punched your ass enough for you to get the fuck out of my face, so why don't you just --

His hands move before his mouth, and he doesn't even think of it. A flick of the wrist and some generous gestures, and his sign should be clear enough to the kid; What the hell are you doing, nerd?

God, what the flying fuck was he thinking, coming at him like this? His hands drop as he glares daggers at the kid. Just out of goddamn nowhere, trying to shatter him or something? Shit, he wants to punch him so damn badly --

But his arm won't move, it stays solid as though dead weight next to his torso. He keeps it pinned there, even grabs it with his other hand, trying to remind himself that he'd totally punch him, he would cuz he's stronger than him, he's tougher, he's better --

"Dude, when the hell did you learn sign language?"

"Shut the fuck up."

-- I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid I haven’t been alive enough
Shifter
  • 19 yrs
  • Single
  • Cinaed
Posted On: Jun 5 2017, 10:36 PM
user posted image

Chirin is so overtaken with fear that he doesn't even notice the hand movements. He sees them, he understands them, but he doesn't process that Cinaed used sign language to communicate with him. Without thinking, he signs back, "Sorry! I'll go." And before the three glaring faces can say anything else, he pushes his way back into the fray of people. Distraught with the feeling of failure, he runs as fast as his feet can take him away from Cinaed and the other students. He's sure people are staring at him, but he pays them no heed. Chirin feels so much shame. What was he thinking back there, he wonders?

He arrives at his destination early enough to change into his gym clothes and be one of the first on the floor. When he had seen that this semester they were going to be offering a Mixed Martial Arts course, Chirin had wasted no time in signing up. He had been requesting such a class for years now. Finally, he could focus on what he felt most passionate about in school as well. It was an elective, just an elective, but it was enough to excite the young man.

Trying to push the events of the last few disastrous minutes out of his mind, he nods over to the teacher and sits in the center of the room. Breathing deeply, he closes his eyes and lets out a long breath. It wasn't like you were going to be successful anyway, he thinks. He furrows his brows. No, before beginning his martial arts practice he has to clear his mind. He can't afford to think about his failure. But as hard as he tries to push it away, to just concentrate on his breathing, the more he thinks about it. The more it plays over and over again in his mind. Stupid Chirin... stupid...

And when he finally gets frustrated, he opens his eyes and realizes more students have already flooded into the room. He's the only one that sat to meditate first. Somewhat embarrassed, he gets up and moves towards the wall where others have begun to gather. He doesn't recognize any faces. Hopefully, Chirin thinks, he himself is forgettable enough that they don't want to talk to him.

And then he sees a familiar flash of blonde hair standing at the opposite wall, and he pales. But we're in separate years! he thinks. Then he remembers the words of his advisor, It's an elective. He frowns deeply, hoping the other teen hadn't noticed him yet. Maybe if he wills it hard enough Chirin can just disappear like he usually does. If he's quiet enough, he can just vanish into the background.

Tags: Cinaed Power
Human
  • 19 yrs
  • single
  • SOON
you're the reason i just can't concentrate, i've been trying to fix my pride, but that shit's broken, that shit's broken
Posted On: Jun 14 2017, 08:17 PM
His head is still reeling by the time he plods his way into class. Chirin didn't even seem to notice the whole signing thing -- all the better. Cinaed didn't fucking want to acknowledge that. His hands grip tightly against each other as though trying to keep fluttering fingers from moving too much. Save that damn finger energy for sparring, you shit.

Yes, fighting class. It's one of maybe two classes Cinaed's ever gone to willingly. The once nervous, controlling grip turns into a knuckle crack, and Cin's teeth are slowly revealed in a menacing, almost bloodthirsty grin.

It's true that Cinaed has little true advantage in a class like this. He's -- he's powerless, one of those lesser beings that didn't get blessed with turning into a fucking sheep or whatever... and a more controlled fighting style isn't really his thing. Cin learns by doing, not by sitting around and watching some clod of a teacher demonstrate how to fucking punch a bag of sand.

Yet, Cinaed still feels like there's something missing. There's something he needs to have, something that should be behind the power of his punches, but it hasn't come to him. Is it... direction? His parents always said he lacked that, that he's aimless, and you can't punch if you have no aim, right?

He ignores his friends for the walk, sauntering through the doors instead like he not only owns the place, but is the goddamn landlord and doesn't want anyone even looking at him unless they owe him money. He takes a seat in the far back and props his feet up on the desk, leaning back and staring at the ceiling. Just because he kind of gives half a shit about the class doesn't mean he's gonna show it.

He doesn't even see Chirin until the last minute -- he blends in so well with the crowd, that it isn't until the teacher asks if anyone's had any sparring experience that Cinaed notes his own mistake. Of course, his hand bolts up before he can really think of it, but when he looks around and sees Chirin's hand being the only other one, he balks. Shit.

This fucking kid is the last thing Cinaed needs to see every other day in this goddamn class... or -- or maybe he isn't -- maybe it'll be enough to fuel his rage to a point where he can finally find that missing thing behind his punches.

The teacher calls them both forward, and Cinaed practically shoves his chair out of the way as he saunters up to the front. He looks over his shoulder, saying nothing. The look of rage in his eye is enough to say it all.

Fuck, he shouldn't be this nervous, should he? He can't underestimate him... sheep hooves can fucking hurt.

-- I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid I haven’t been alive enough
Shifter
  • 19 yrs
  • Single
  • Cinaed
Posted On: Jun 14 2017, 11:07 PM
user posted image

Chirin tries to go about class as normal, but he can practically feel the burning anger glaring at him from across the room. He doesn't need to see it to understand how powerful it is. Chirin swallows the lump in his throat. But maybe, he thinks. Maybe I can prove myself to Cinaed here....

With that thought repeating in his head, a possible silver lining, he raises his hand with enthusiasm when the teacher asks who's had experience before. He's so quick to answer that he doesn't even realize the only other person who raises their hand is none other than Cinaed until the teacher calls them both up for demonstration.

Shit...

Chirin is sure Cinaed is relishing the opportunity to beat him up without any consequence. The events from earlier are replaying in his mind like a movie without pause. Of course, it's only then, only when they're standing face to face across from each other listening to the teacher's instructions - the winner is the first one to immobilize the other, but don't take it too far - that he realizes the most important detail of that interaction.

When did he...?

"Begin!" the teacher exclaims. And even though Chirin can't hear it, he doesn't have time to complete his thoughts as Cinaed charges right in. That's just like him though, he recalls. The fiery teen had always been more reactionary than even the most defensive of people Chirin had met in his young life.

Chirin falls into a stance without even thinking. It feels natural for him to shift his weight to balanced and grounded Cinaed is closing in quickly and Chirin is hoping to counter and use the other teen's weight against him. It would be an easy throw down finish - he wants to get things done as soon as possible so he can ask Cinaed about their exchange... about the sign language.

But Chirin underestimates Cinaed. The other teen hadn't been lying when he attested to his own experience. In an instant, the straightforward charge is changed to a side step and hook, and Cinaed quickly finds himself losing his balance with the sheer force of the punch which connects with his side. Chirin stumbles back, but he barely has time to even catch his breath before Cinaed is on him again. This time, he's a little more prepared, and instead of playing it defensively, he too charges forward. Mirroring the other teen's movements, he manages to deflect the same strategy and send a similarly charged fist towards his friend. But he pulls his punch early. This is Cinaed. He can't hurt his friend. It's not right.

"Why?! Why would you go through that trouble to lear--!" he blurts out the question suddenly. Unfortunately, the words never finish leaving his mouth, because another fresh punch hits Chirin in the stomach this time, and he feels the wind leave him. World spinning, he drops to a knee, trying to gasp for air. Out of nowhere, a rage he didn't even know he had inside him sparks, and even though his eyesight is blurry, he manages to catch a third punch from Cinaed in his hand, and, as he had planned to do from the beginning, use Cinaed's own weight to bring the teen down to the floor. He takes that opportunity to - quite literally - tackle Cinaed while he's down. The teens begin to grapple, and Chirin, blinded with fury for all the years of unresolved torment, doesn't pull his punches again.

Tags: @Cinaed Power
OOC: Feel free to beat up Chirin as much as you want tbh. /chants FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Cbox Rules

• ONE | Use your OOC name to chat in the cbox.
  • TWO | Keep cbox topics appropriate.
  • THREE | Do not pester members or staff regarding threads, posts or applications.
  • FOUR | Be respectful.
  • FIVE | Be welcoming to all members and guests.
  • SIX | Please read our rules and lore before asking questions!
  • SEVEN | Do not advertise.
  • EIGHT | Please take concerns to staff private message!
  • NINE | Need a staff member? Ask for: Vixen, Nova, Exe, Elsen, Joo, Ser or Ru.
Full Cbox Rules