New Poll

Sunday Naps in the Library
Mage
  • 18 yrs
  • Single
Open Posted On: Jul 24 2017, 12:22 AM
Page of Pentacles
July 23rd, Sunday

Browley watched the Mage from the stack of books, his tail swishing light side to side as she studied the book in front of her. Ever since they moved here, since the young mage was accepted into Mazi Academy, Celeste had been constantly studying everything she could, only really taking a break when school was on break or when she was visiting her godparents and Keena during the weekends. Sighing lightly, he closed his icy blue eyes and rested his chin on his big paws as he waited for his friend to finish her studies.

She had been at it for hours, studying after she got back from visiting her best friend and her godparents; she would've stayed longer but if she wanted to make them happy, make them proud, she needed to get back to hitting the books to put forth her best efforts on her work. Grabbing the pen that was next to her on the table, she began to scribble something on the pad she also kept nearby. Once she was done she set the book down and rubbed her eyes, yawning and stretching. The nightmares returned last night and she hadn't slept much recently at all; glancing up at Browley who was enjoying his small nap in his makeshift perch of books she gave a small smile before standing and reaching for the silver owlcat, cuddling him close to her body before sitting back down.

With the owlcat letting out a strange rumbling sound as he was closer to his Mage, Celeste looked around. Not many people where in the library today...and she was getting tired...perhaps Browley had the right idea and perhaps, since not many people where around, she could take a small nap. Those in the heavens only know she needed it. With her familiar in her lap she laied her head on the table and closed her eyes as she listened to the quite sounds of the library; perhaps no nightmares would plague her here.
Human
  • 48 yrs
  • Single
  • ???
Posted On: Jul 24 2017, 09:51 PM
Jeremy should have known better than to get a little… over-enthusiastic on his book collecting. Most of the tomes wouldn’t be useful to him anyway, lacking the abilities, but it was nice to know how these things worked. Knowing the potential weaknesses of supers was important on the field. And the classroom was another field, just one with more childish warfare.

Sleeves rolled up, he was pulling book after book down into the pile in his arms, hefting the ten tall stack up. At least his arms weren’t failing him, but his knee twinged the moment he put weight on his left leg. The first few steps ached, but it wasn’t anything he couldn’t push through. He was built to ignore pain during situations until he could address it.

Unfortunately, he forgot to address that he was no longer as young as he’d like.

His leg buckled, not out of any pain, but it was if the muscles and ligaments just failed. Jeremy stumbled right into Celeste’s desk, books toppling both on top of it and to the floor.

@Adolpha
(tag me as Bettafish, i'll notice it faster lol)
Mage
  • 18 yrs
  • Single
Posted On: Jul 24 2017, 10:51 PM
The dreams were peaceful and the nap was much needed, the awakening soon following the nap of sugar clouds and candy cane trees however, was not needed at all. The poor girl was oblvious, her special Mage ability not even useful this time around in warning her of the on coming trouble. With her silver owlcat tucked away in her lap and arms, even the familiar had no chance of waking up in time to warn Celeste. As the stranger's knee buckled, crashing into the table she was using to study, making the stack of books she had tumble onto the ground and even onto her, Celeste jolted awake, her body jolting the chair back and she too went crashing down into the ground.

With silver hair and silver feathers flying into the air, the owlcat let out an alarming sound and took off into the air circling the fallen bodies before landing next to the fallen girl, pushing books off her body and nudging her in various places to ensure everything was alright. Of course everything was almost alright, it was only a small fall to the ground, though it still hurt and it was a surprise. Groaning as she carefully sat up, she freed her legs of the chair and looked around, a dazed look in her blue eyes before slowly, but surely, they landed on Jeremy.

What should she do in this situation? She never had this happened before, and despite being eighteen, despite being a freshmen in college, she was simply unsure of what she should really do. Carefully taking a breath and slowling her heart beat the best she could she carefully sat in a more comfortable position, making sure the skirt she was wearing was covering everything before watching the man, tilting her head.

"Are you okay, Monsieur?"

@Bettafish , @Jeremy Tanner
Human
  • 48 yrs
  • Single
  • ???
Posted On: Jul 24 2017, 11:56 PM
This wasn’t how he wanted his day to go. It was only his first week here. Jeremy groaned, resisting the urge to clutch at his knee. It wasn’t bad enough to worry over, but it did smart after hitting the floor. Carefully he adjusted himself from all fours, to a single knee (the one that wasn’t in agony).

He hadn’t seen the desk had an occupant until he was already crashing down and he glanced to the toppled young woman. Humanoid, that’s fine. Easy to disarm- oh, wait that was a familiar. Mage then. “I’m fine.” One hand reached out for the table’s edge, pulling himself up with a sigh. He had to ignore each crackle of his spine and the pop of his knee.

Of course as he looked at the piles of books, his own had gotten mixed in with hers. Hopefully the subjects weren’t so similar that he’d spend a while sorting it out. He turned to her instead, offering a hand up with a bland smile. “Sorry about that, are you hurt?”

@Adolpha
Mage
  • 18 yrs
  • Single
Posted On: Aug 2 2017, 11:36 PM
Both he and Celeste heard the snap, crackle, and pops of the joints and the owlcat cringed and Celeste offered a timid, kind smile as he offered a hand to help her up. Already her heart was racing at the thought of being touched by another other than her most trusted and the poor girl didn't know what to do. Shaking her head to try and dismiss the hand she stood looking at him and smiling. Despite her process there was times were she just didn't feel ready to be touched by others. "I'm fine, thank you though. A little startled, but otherwise fine," her voice was soft as she spoke.

Browley jumped up to the table and looked down at the books and huffed as he realized his perch was gone. Glancing at Celeste and then Jeremy before looking back at the ground, his tail swishing from side to side as he scanned the books trying to figure out which was theirs and which was the strangers. Celeste looked down too and frowned, also realizing what had happened. "Oh dear...our books..." she murmured to her self as she carefully knelt down to try and sort them all.

Blinking a bit she looked up and tilted her head, she had to remember her manners. "My name is Celeste, Celeste Deline, and..please don't take offense that I didn't take your hand, Monsieur." Keena always told her to apologize if she didn't shake other's hands or take an offer for help up. "Do you perhaps remember what books you had? Or at least their topics? I can sort them out and if you would like you can rest in the chair." Celeste was still worried about her elder.

@Bettafish
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Cbox Rules

• ONE | Use your OOC name to chat in the cbox.
  • TWO | Keep cbox topics appropriate.
  • THREE | Do not pester members or staff regarding threads, posts or applications.
  • FOUR | Be respectful.
  • FIVE | Be welcoming to all members and guests.
  • SIX | Please read our rules and lore before asking questions!
  • SEVEN | Do not advertise.
  • EIGHT | Please take concerns to staff private message!
  • NINE | Remember: the cbox is a privilege, not a right!
Full Cbox Rules
a resource community Candyland Couture
Bleach Platinum Hearts Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Sengoku Horizon Black Prism Once Upon a Nightmare Rise of the Believers Those Among Us Code 8 Yuri Roleplay Avalon a Panfandom RP fugue state DBS Topsy Turvy ruinandrise Ferocious STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP TR We Are Deathless Azelania realm of the seven Fallen Kismet: Let Fate Connect You All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥