Member Appreciation, spread the love!
Admin
  • 25 yrs
  • SHRIEKING
  • INTENSIFYING
Posted On: Apr 27 2017, 07:16 PM

Member Appreciation
  Dearest members of AOM,

Have you ever been frustrated that you want to honor someone in some way but felt like OTMs weren't going to convey your feelings properly? Annoyed that OTMs didn't come around often enough for you to smother every single soul, character, or profile in beautiful glory? Well no longer friends, because it's time you have the power to love on anyone, any character, any thread, ANY TIME. That's right everyone, we're replacing OTMs with something that can consistently provide love and appreciation, something that will stick around even when a new month rolls in. We encourage each and every one of you to post here when you've got someone or something you can't control yourself about. Spread the love and remind friends they're fantastic in their own special ways in this Member Appreciation thread!

Admin
  • 25 yrs
  • SHRIEKING
  • INTENSIFYING
Posted On: May 11 2017, 07:12 PM
Hello all, it looks like I get the honor of doing the first spotlight. This excites me heeeheeheeeee. But considering how prone I am to gushing over people I don't think this is a huge surprise. I've decided to structure this little appreciation post differently just for the fact that I'm gonna pick one person to feature my feels for and highlight different aspects of how that person is mega quality. So who do I want to gush about right now???

Vixen the one true fox mama of my heart. I honestly can't overstate how much I appreciate Vix, just for everything that they've ever done for me in the time I've known them. It's been since February of last year that I've known them but I feel like they've been a part of my life for so much longer! Always so kind, always with a shoulder to cry on or a fist clenched for my enemies!!! In all seriousness, I love Vix for how welcoming they've been. Plotting with them is always fun and exciting even when we spend a majority of the time trying to rip out each other's hearts. I just... yeah I can't seem to put it in the right words but Vix is this amazing strong person who works so hard at nursing school and still somehow finds time for all of us. I think that we can all appreciate our fox overlord for that. Never change bby I love you to bits!!

Sora Yamamoto is one of Vix's recent characters that I'm grossly smitten with (partially for selfish reasons of course but don't judge me I love this ship so much) for soooo many reasons. Of course the fc calls up those young weeaboo feels in me, but Vix took this character and just rAN WITH IT. Uhg when I was reading the bio of this dear I couldn't help but feel so invested and in love because this character is a treasure. They have had this unfortunate past but still has such a golden heart. I know that everything Vix does with Sora is going to be... so very good. Please read this bio and get as in love with Sora as I am so I can feel better about my obsession.

@Vixen
Admin
  • 25 yrs
  • SHRIEKING
  • INTENSIFYING
Posted On: Jun 7 2017, 09:56 PM
BEEPS MY WAY IN HERE LIKE A BACKING UP TRASH-TRUCK. Hello again friends I am back for another installment of "everyone is so good and pure I love them so much" my favorite show. There's someone near and dear to my heart to showcase this time and hahaha it's no surprise at all.

Ru the friend that hasn't abandoned me after all of these years and many many many different roleplaying sites. It's insane to me that anyone would hang around when my life has frankly been kind of a roller-coaster through the years but she's... so amazing. Sweet as hell, and has always been there for me even when she's struggling with her own problems. This feisty pirate loves furiously and will always go to bat for someone important to her and if that's not worth admiring then I just don't know what is? Not to mention have you plotted with Ru? Okay so if you haven't plotted with Ru, you should plot with Ru. I would literally wait for one thousand years for stuff from her because it's always so freaKING WORTH IT!! The characters she makes are interesting and the threads are captivating. Never once have I regretted a ship or thread with this amazing human being. Ru knows how to make people feel special, and I feel so much better whenever she's around.

Nell Wilson is one of the most precious gems that Ru has ever created, just for all y'alls information. I have some obvious reasons to love her, but she's just... so terribly sweet it's kind of ridiculous. An unfortunate backstory that makes you want to protect this child, but at the same time you know there's just a silent strength in her waiting to be exposed. Sure this character is extremely gunshy with others (with that background who wouldn't be?) but I feel like any characters interacting with her will get something out of the exchange. Read the bio, friends. Love the Nell. Embrace the smol babe and don't hurt her ever.

@RU
OOC Account
  • 24 yrs
  • Single
  • Nobody
Can you hear the silence? Can you see the dark? Can you fix the broken? Can you feel, can you feel my heart?
Posted On: Jun 17 2017, 12:59 PM
Hi, everyone! First off, I just want to say how much I love you all! You guys are my family, and I couldn't ask for anything better. Even though I love everyone equally, I want to show my appreciation to a select few people here!

Moebius ~ OMG, Moe. You old owl, you. I just want to say thank you for absolutely everything. Whenever I begin to doubt myself or get really sad and depressed, you're there to help cheer me up. Not only that, you always know how to make me smile and laugh. I thoroughly enjoy RPing with you as well! You're such an amazing writer, that I can't help but admire you even more! I'm so happy you joined, and I hope you remain here for a long time to come. <3 Again, thank you so much for everything. I couldn't have asked for a better friend.

Koneko ~ You are so precious and so sweet, and I feel like we've known each other for years! I really love exchanging music with you, and I feel so at ease talking to you. You're funny, easy to talk to, and we have so much in common! I love you so much, Koneko; you're like a sister I never had. Just like Moe, I'm so proud to call you my friend, and I hope we remain friends forever. <3

Amaretto ~ My dear, sweet waifu! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love and appreciate you! You come up with the most amazing plots, and you inspire me to become a better writer. You are a very precious friend to me, and you deserve everything and so much more!

@Moebius , @Koneko , @Amaretto
Admin
  • Old yrs
  • Stalking
  • George Washington
I should be studying.
Posted On: Jun 17 2017, 02:36 PM
Yo. I always forget that this thing is here, and I always mean to write in it, but I forget. Those who know me know that I forget practically everything, so this is not a huge surprise. But, hey, I’m here now, and I’m going to write some things u kno wut I’m sayin. I’m also an idiot, but this is not new, either.

Vixen is a turd. I mean, that’s about all I can say about that psychotic fox mama. But, for real, Vix is pretty awesome. First off, they’re super pretty, though, that really doesn’t have anything to do with anything, other than the fact that I like looking at their face? Am I losing my track already? It’s okay, I’ll get back on. The most amazing thing about Vix is that they manage to build this site and do so much for it despite how busy they already are. Hell, I have a lot of shit to do, and I struggle to do things on here sometimes. Hur. But, really, Vix is awesome to talk to, and it’s cool talking med things with Vix, cause eeeyyyyyy med professionals yooooo. except not anymore for me, but public health is close enough eeeeyyyyyyyyy I really don’t know where I’m going with this. U know, just appreciate and know that I appreciate you and ur face. Okay? Okay. Yeah. Things.

U know who else is an awesome turd of a person? Oh yeah, that’s right, the one and only! Feather!!! Feather is another turd I love because I can abuse them endlessly and they just take it. I mean what I didn’t say that. What no. I. No. I don’t. What? No. SHUT YOUR MOUTH FEATHER. 8| EVERYTHING IS OKAY, NOTHING HAPPENED. But, really, Feather is awesome, and indulges in my endless ranting about anything and everything. Besides ranting, I also have moments of obsessions that she indulges in, too, and I’m grateful I can just vomit all of my screaming to her and she’s like. “KAY U GD NERD STFU.” But really, not really. 8P Feather is also a whore for my wanteds, so if you want one, and it’s taken, you can usually blame Feather. cackles into the abyss

Um, who else? I don’t know. U all are great. The end. [@Vixen] [@Feather]

OOC Account
  • 22 yrs
  • Forever
  • Alone
Posted On: Jun 17 2017, 03:12 PM
Oh, are we using this now? Cool. I swear, this isn't a bandwagon thing. But seriously, I've been trying to think of something to write in here since it was made and I just couldn't bring up the courage to do it. Now, though, I think I may have something. XP

Alright, first I'm going to take on @Feather. Most of you may not know this, but Feather and I have been friends for several years now. I originally encouraged (read: bullied) her into coming here with me because I didn't want to be alone. XD She is just an all around amazing young lady who is just the best friend ever. She pays attentions to my stupid rants and deals with my random emotional cycles that would drive anyone else nuts. She also indulges me when I'm gushing about a new plot that I know she can't take on because she has so many other things going on in her life, but I'm so grateful she does because I often don't have anyone else to prattle on to about these things except the four walls that surround me. She deals with a lot of crap in her personal life with a grace and maturity that I really do envy, especially because I know that, if I were in her place, I would be a royal bitch about the whole thing. But yes, Feather deserves all the hearts and love because she's amazing.

Next is @Amaretto. I just, I love Ama a lot. Even though we don't talk every day, she always manages to put a smile on my face when we do. No matter how shitty of a day she's having, she can always put it aside to make someone else feel better and I just- I wish there were more people like this lovely smol in the world, I really do. Plus, she's super pretty and I'm v jealous because I wish I could be as pretty as her. Her characters and plots are also A+ and I love the ships that I have with her (even though we both agree we don't have enough together). But, yes, Ama is a wonderful bean, and you should plot with her or get to know her if you haven't, because she is delightful.

Last but not least (for now) is @Koneko. Oh, Neko. This woman has the patience of a saint for putting up with me. I've been getting more into coding recently, and she is my go-to person to trouble shooting when I dun fucked up. XD She works a crap ton of hours all the time, and I really applaud her for managing not to loose her cool while doing so. I have a couple ships (romantic and bromantic) with her and I just love each and every one of them. (I'm totes a sucker for Liam and Soren, though, because they are perfect for each other, personality wise.) Not only that, but Neko is another person who will indulge my gushing about a ship or plot, even though she may not be interested in it. She always has good ideas for plots and characters and is really good at finding creative ways to break characters (seriously, though, she loves angst, so hit her up if you want that.) Just an all around wonderful person and rp'er; would definitely recommend you plot with her, or at least talk to her.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure I'll be back here at some point, but I think this is good enough to start. Don't forget that I love the rest of you too; I just need to brainstorm some stuff to say, lol.
OOC Account
  • 23 yrs
  • Soon to be
  • married <3
"Crazy" is, I believe, the medical term When we wanna recover, but we don't wanna learn Keep breaking what's been fixed a thousand times And gimme some more of that iodine
Posted On: Jun 19 2017, 04:32 PM
Oh wow, look at this. Well with all the love shared in this thread I think it's time I finally finish my post as well. Lord knows this has been coming for like...a month or so now. What? Neko procrastinate on something? Lies and slander! So buckle up lovelies you're about to get loved on hardcore.

Let's start with @Vixen. So everyone here knows how fantabulous Vix is already, right? Well for those who don't let me share a little truth with you. Vix is A M A Z I N G, both as an admin and a person. Vix is seriously one of the kindest and friendliest admins I have ever met. She never shies away from a new face and eager to help every soul that lands on her (metaphorical) doorstep. Seriously, anyone who may be intimidated by this lovely fox or her I N S A N E amount of characters, need not be. She is a fantastic partner and eager to plot with anyone. What I appreciate most about Vix though is her relaxed personality. She's never once pressured me in any aspect in regards to our ships, she just lets things happen naturally and isn't bothered by taking things slow or my outrageous reply wait time atm and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that. Seriously one of the easiest people to thread with and just an overall wonderful person to be around. In summary, this fox rox my sox.

Next up, @Jasmine! Oh, Jasmine. Jasmine was the first member I plotted with when I joined AoM, and my first character was to fill a wanted ad of her's so you know this lady holds a special spot in my heart. First off, in case you weren't aware, Jasmine is a fantastic writer. Like seriously I envy this woman because of the quality and speed with which she writes, every post is a joy to read and her response time is better than I deserve. It's actually become sort of a joke between us, with her finishing characters for me before I even finish my character. I will be you eventually, I swear it. We have a few ships together and let me tell you, Jas is no one trick pony. Each character is uniquely their own and our plots vastly different from each other, so if you're looking for versatility this lady has it. Anyways, Jas is more than just a great person to plot with she's an amazing person to have as a friend. IDK how she puts up with all my rant and drunken tangents, but somehow she does and Jas is always there to lend an ear whenever I'm having a bad day. I love this lady to pieces and I only wish I had more time to take on more of her plots because gosh are they amazing.

Hey, wanna meet smol incarnate? I'm not kidding, it exists in the wonderful little bundle of joy known as @LUNAR. Lunar is a sweet potato through an through, she is just so kind and sweet to everyone she meets, I swear if I didn't know any better I'd think she was some cuteness simulating robot complete with a library of the following adorable catchphrases: "I'm sorry!" "Well that's ok!" "Awww" and "^///^". Seriously though Lunar is a precious individual who I just want to smother in love because she is just so genuinely sweet to everyone. She's super lovable and patient even if I take forever to finish things for her. Like Jas, Lunar is my go to woman whenever I'm feeling down, or up, or just want to talk in general. She's always there for me, even if I'm weird, and awkward, and perverted at times, and I love the hell out her for it. Lunar is a stellar friend and partner, one I hope to keep for a long long time. Btw did I mention Lunar has an amazing music repertoire, seriously if you need music go to her because seriously my favorite game to play with her is song swapping because I know whatever she sends is going to be A+.

Lastly (for this post at least), and most certainly not least is the waifu to all, @Amaretto chan! Ama is adorable and so friendly. Among her many titles is the queen of angst, and sure does she deliver on it. Even if we don't have any threads together yet, because someone won't finish that character she promised me 8 months ago now! what we have talked about doing is so amazing she's found new ways to hurt me and my poor little djinn bab and I love the hell out of her it. Ama just has this energy that makes everyone around her excited and happy. Ama gives me all the feels and is just an amazing sweetheart in general.

Well, I think that concludes it for today. I'll be back here later with a character edition! I love you guys, stay lovely~ <3

Admin
  • 22 yrs
  • married to
  • school, work, sleep & food
When it rains, I look for rainbows. When it
Posted On: Jun 19 2017, 09:08 PM
Oh noooo, time for some Vix sap!!! Basically, I've been meaning to do this and I'll probably definitely add more later, but for now I'll just spew out what I can.

ALSO I SEE ALL U PEOPLE SHOUTIN' ME OUT, I SEE YOU. F I G H T M E ! 6O^O9

@Nova has done a lot for me in the past and it's been an absolute pleasure to have the opportunity to roleplay with you. I remember the days when I was sad that you weren't around and then came back to the site that we met on, and everything went downhill from there. You've been with me through some really rough, gross times and I can't express how much I still appreciate that fact even after all these years. you're a wonderful roleplay partner and a wonderful person to run a site with.

@exe oh man oh man. It still blows my mind that if I hadn't posted the one plot and you hadn't happened to look at it, then we never would've known one another. Like Nova, you've been with me through some really rough times and I can't express my appreciation often enough for those moments that you've put up with me and my occasionally foul temper, as well as my moments of severe depression and anxiety. You've always been an anchor for me, someone I could talk to to bring me down many notches until I'm calm again, someone I can go to for sound advice pertaining to certain things. I really, really love everything you've been able to do for me.

@Elsen idk man it's always just really good to have you around. We have our differences, but I appreciate you so much and I'm so happy that you're the reason I got back into art, because I really missed it and most times of the week because of my regular job, it's really nice to have something I can dive into and use to forget all the bad shit that happens. you're always a joy to plot with and ship with and I love seeing all the progress you've made in your art!! Literally art wise but also socially wise!!

@Joo HECK U U HEKIN HECKER-- idk what am I saying, but god okay the first time that you came onto the site, I was legit afraid of you (hilarious right, bc ur harmless as a gummy bear sometimes) but now that I've had the chance to get to know you better, it really makes me happy to know you and to be able to talk to you on a daily basis, even when you're at work. You're a joy to write with and plot with and you're just... really fun to talk to in general?? Our conversations are always so good and it's nice to have someone to go to when I need a bit of a slap in the face, because I know you're not gonna sugar coat jack shit for me LOL.

@Ser a good bean, this one is. just. god when you first came on site and expressed interest in my wanted ad for Alexander, i was SO HYPE because it's one of my favorite ships hands down. And you play him so well. I'm constantly, constantly floored by your writing ability and I absolutely love plotting with you in every which way possible. You're one of the kindest, strongest, smartest and most creative people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and it's honestly a constant happiness in my life every time I think about you, and I hope we're friends for a very, very long time!!

@RU another good bean!! Also a bully!! I love her very much though. It's a blast plotting with Ru and getting to roleplay with her, anywhere from angst to fluff to sin, we're just a bunch of never-ending ideas constantly conning each other into ship after ship and that's why I have so many. But, really, Ru's one of the nicest, talented and prettiest people I know and I'm really happy to call her a friend. it's just really awesome getting to know someone like this and having someone like this to talk to. I've never had the privilege of calling a lot of people my friend, but you and everyone else deserve that title.

@Ash SO I HAVEN'T KNOWN YOU FOR VERY LONG B U T-- you're honestly just a pleasure. You're such a fun person to plot with in terms of angst especially, which I l o v e a healthy dose of, and it's nice to have someone to go to for those things so I don't attack everyone else all the time oops! But you're also just... so kind to everyone and so sweet, as well as an incredibly talented writer. You're also fun when drunk. It's pretty great to see all the sides of the glorious Ash and if anyone hasn't had a chance to thread with you yet, I think they need to at least once! It's really worth the experience.

ALL IN ALL YOU ALL ARE GREAT AND MAKE THIS SITE WORTH RUNNING OK

OOC Account
  • 24 yrs
  • Single
Posted On: Jun 29 2017, 08:23 AM
Okay here goes;

I want to thank @RU, @Vixen, @Ser, and all the other admins for being patient with me. I know I got off to a rocky start with some stuff in the chatbox, but you were all patient with me and helped me with my problems. I also want to apologise for anything I might have said that made people feel uncomfortable or made me look insensitive. Sometimes meaning/tone isn't something I pick up easily in chat speak, so I'm sorry about that. Anyways, thank you all for being such great people!
Admin
  • 25 yrs
  • SHRIEKING
  • INTENSIFYING
Posted On: Jul 4 2017, 08:01 PM
Guess who sucks buuuuuuuutt just kidding I'm actually here to honor -drumroll sounds-

Sei the gay. I've known this dummy my whole life and we've had our ups and downs, but he's got such a good heart deep down that I dunno, it really makes a lot of the past scars so much... less. He tries his best on a regular basis, and he wants to be friends with everybody. I appreciate that he's making an effort to be around even though his schedule is kinda nutters and frankly it's really cool to see him writing again. He's picky with his character-making but that's just because he wants to do things right and I feel like that really shows off well in the end product? You gotta plot with this loser post-haste!!!

Arsène Levesque is such an interesting character that I want to scream. Honestly, the entire character concept for Arsène is extremely interesting and I love this jester con artist deal. He's unique, he's a bit of a shit, I want all the threads with him. In the end Arsène shows off exactly how a character taken from a wanted ad can really shine on it's own merit as well! Sei crafted a great character here and I recommend you read the profile at the very least!!

@Sei
OOC Account
  • yrs
Posted On: Jul 25 2017, 10:42 PM
@Daxton / fang - I never wanted to RP smut and yet here we are. This dumbass dragon and this idiot player are bringing out my characters thirst and making me make the dumbest jokes when I write and I love it. We're not even soulmates and I'm ridiculously excited for his ship to happen just because of playing the third wheel and him becoming Qiana's permanent furniture.

@Adolpha / celeste - this girl is the sweetest little thing, helping my old man out.

@Nova for putting up with my constant questioning and helping me out here and there. @Vixen for this too. They've both been incredibly helpful the short time I've been on the site!
OOC Account
  • 24 yrs
  • Taken
  • --
Thats me in the corner, thats me in the spotlight, losing my religion.
Posted On: Aug 1 2017, 05:21 PM
@Vixen, @Nova, @exe, @Elsen, @Joo, @RU @Ser

ALL THE STAFF deserves an appreciation post tbh. I want to thank each and every one of you for being supportive and wonderful to me both on and off site in the face of some very difficult situations. You all are a joy to talk to and keep me hopeful that there are good people in the world. Love you AAALLLL.

Also special shoutout to all of you for making me tumblr famous with Bernie Sanders Daddy jokes. I mean what?

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Cbox Rules

• ONE | Use your OOC name to chat in the cbox.
  • TWO | Keep cbox topics appropriate.
  • THREE | Do not pester members or staff regarding threads, posts or applications.
  • FOUR | Be respectful.
  • FIVE | Be welcoming to all members and guests.
  • SIX | Please read our rules and lore before asking questions!
  • SEVEN | Do not advertise.
  • EIGHT | Please take concerns to staff private message!
  • NINE | Remember: the cbox is a privilege, not a right!
Full Cbox Rules
a resource community Candyland Couture
Bleach Platinum Hearts Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Sengoku Horizon Black Prism Once Upon a Nightmare Rise of the Believers Those Among Us Code 8 Yuri Roleplay Avalon a Panfandom RP fugue state DBS Topsy Turvy ruinandrise Ferocious STARSTRUKK - ANIMANGA ENTERTAINMENT CITY RP TR We Are Deathless Azelania realm of the seven Fallen Kismet: Let Fate Connect You All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥ All of Me ♥