Add Reply
New Poll

RISE UP, ama + shest
Mage
  • Twenty Three yrs
  • Taken
  • Shest
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come, morning light. You and I will be safe and sound.
Posted On: Nov 10 2016, 11:26 PM
show me how to feel alive
show me how to rise up
Gather up your homes and all belongings. 'Cause it is clear that we won't be alone for long. I hear them running, I hear them running.
America was definitely a country Lorna had difficulties getting used to. The culture compared to her home of Ireland was so drastically different, that she had tried so hard to sway from her natural accent to sound like one of the residents here. However, not only did she decide to give up on the idea, but the people here in Occulte seemed to enjoy hearing her speak in her Irish dialect. It boosted her confidence, and it wasn't often that she found individuals who accepted her for her nationality and her race. Being a Mage placed a heavy weight on the woman's shoulders, yet not once did she slouch or show any signs of faltering in her behavior. She remained calm and collected, and it showed her maturity, which many began to admire.

Her peridot colored eyes lit up as she inhaled deeply, catching the faint scent of rain filling the air. Due to the clouds that began to fill up the once clear blue sky, a storm would be on its way. Lorna smiled at the thought, and as she moved forward down the path that lead to Night Oak Forest, a gentle boom of thunder echoed throughout the area, and it was music to her ears. Her familiar whom she named Fern, took the form of a majestic and large blue dragonfly, hovering around his mistress with a gentle hum ringing through her head. It was a pleasant sound, and it helped the young Mage relax. Once she was close to the greenhouse that she had purchased last year, Fern flew up ahead and entered the large building through an open window, resting atop a flower that rested on one of many shelves.

"Mistress..." His voice echoed in Lorna's mind, eyes catching sight of something unfamiliar. "It would seem that the greenhouse has been occupied over night. There is a stranger here."

This caused the Irish woman to freeze for a brief moment before she sprinted to the building, taking out her keys in a rush and unlocked the front door before closing it behind her once inside, looking around frantically before she caught sight of something red on the concrete floor. "Blood...?" She muttered to herself, noticing that it had the small pool of red liquid created a trail, causing her to slowly follow it. Her heart was racing... She was scared and didn't know what she would find.

Once she found the source of the blood, her eyes widened and her hands lifted upwards to cover her mouth, brows creased with fright and worry. "Oh, god...!"

NOTES, i'm so excited! hope you like it, ama!
TAGS, @Shest
Gryphon
  • 141 yrs
  • Single
  • Lorna Gallagher
I'm not afraid of dying; I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.
Posted On: Nov 21 2016, 10:51 PM

◥◤ He made a mistake. He didn't make mistakes like this, knowing how precariously he perched, how thin the wire he walked on was, and yet, the mistake was made, and he paid the price.

It seems like he was always paying a price.

Was it because he defied fate? Ran when he should have stayed, should have accepted the fact that he was supposed to die with the family he served? Was it the desire to live that inevitably became his undoing? He was no longer who he once was, and perhaps that was for the best. The line of work he was in didn't allow him to be kind, didn't allow him the luxury of having a heart. And so he broke it himself, turned it into dust, destroyed any remnants of a bleeding heart he no longer had the right to have in his chest. It was for the best. He had to tell himself that.

It was always for the best.

He walked along a path of blood and bones, the fragile things shattering with every footstep, echoing in his ears, reminding him of all the lives he took, and he remembered them all, but he continued on the path he forged for himself, using the skill set he had to his advantage, and to the advantage of his employers. An assassin by trade, he killed others, placed more bones in his path to break, more blood underneath his feet to track behind him. It was all he was. He was not a person, and he hadn't been since his name was replaced. Shest. Six. A number, meaningless and without personality. That was what he was, and what allowed him to rip the life from others so easily, but he messed up this time.

The intel was shoddy at best, and he didn't take the time to verify the information before going into the lion's den, intent on getting the job done and carrying on with his night. Maybe he knew that the information wasn't credible, and that he was walking into a trap. Maybe, just maybe, the Gryphon wanted to die, and allowed himself to enter a situation full of unknowns. It wasn't clear as to what his goals were, but he entered a lonely cabin nestled in the mountains surrounding Occulte City, and was ambushed on sight. It was a flurry of activity, one person after another, trying to land a fatal blow. Somehow, in the confusion, one did, and he felt the searing pain immediately.

Part of him wanted to die, and parted of him wanted to live, but the part that wanted to live persevered, and with a flurry of feathers and talons, he shifted forms and escaped. The pain was blinding, blood streaming from the open wound on his abdomen. He felt like he was on fire, lava pumping through his veins. Poison. That wasn't a good sign. He needed somewhere to land, somewhere to rest. There was no doubt in his mind that if he didn't deal with whatever they poisoned him with, he would die, but he was tired, so, so tired.

His vision blurred and he shook his head again, trying to keep conscious as he flew. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted something glittering in the predawn light. Shelter. In moments his path veered off and he was sneaking into the structure, taking note of the surrounding flora. Finding an area hidden away, Shest let himself collapse, his form reverting back to human, letting his body soak up the frigid coldness of the floor beneath him. His eyelids felt heavy, and he allowed himself to drift away.

It didn't feel like a particularly long time had passed when he heard footsteps. Bright eyes opened quickly on instinct, and he was up, one of the blades he kept hidden pressed against pale flesh of a neck.

"Scream or move and I will kill you" he stated, voice deathly calm and threatening all at once, a thick Russian accent on his tongue. It was at this moment that this stranger was distinctly female, soft brunette tresses framed her pale face, and vibrant eyes that reminded him of the stem of a flower wide with fear. He waited, seeing what she was going to do next, before deciding what his next move would be, already planning several different scenarios in advance. Though, he didn't know how long he'd last at this rate. Sweat made his skin slick and his vision went in and out, his free arm wrapping over the wound that still bled. Shit, he should've wrapped that. He'll end up dying of blood loss first at this rate...
-- I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid I haven’t been alive enough
Mage
  • Twenty Three yrs
  • Taken
  • Shest
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come, morning light. You and I will be safe and sound.
Posted On: Nov 22 2016, 12:50 AM
show me how to rise up
Gather up your homes and all belongings. 'Cause it is clear that we won't be alone for long. I hear them running, I hear them running.
The first thought that crossed Lorna's mind when her gaze met the man's, surprisingly enough, was that he was beautiful. Despite the blood pooling out of his wound and the stench of poison filling her senses, the color of his hair and eyes captivated the young Mage, and her breath hitched once he spoke. He was definitely Russian; the accent was thick in his tone, and her knees felt as if they would give way any moment. However, her eyes grew wide at the feel of a cold steel blade against her throat, fear suddenly rippling through her. The brunette was frozen in place, not daring to move nor did she try to make a sound. She immediately found herself relaxing under his intense gaze, realizing that he wouldn't make it if she didn't do something. The question, however...was whether or not he'd trust her enough to allow her to tend to his wounds.

Her tense expression that was once filled with fear turned to a smile so sweet and gentle, that she was sure she caught the injured man by surprise. "Y'know lad, threatenin' the person who'll be willin' to save yer life isn't very smart." She proceeded to speak slowly, her tone low enough to approach him with a kind heart. "Now, I don' know about ye, but I can smell the poison flowin' in yer veins. I can easily help ye be rid of it, as well as ten' to yer woun's. Will y'let me?" She remained silent while watching the man react to her words. Fern, her Familiar who had been witnessing the scene calmly, fluttered his large dragonfly wings and hovered to his mistress' side, resting atop her right shoulder where a secret laid hidden in her clothing.

"Trust in me, lad... I mean no harm." Her voice was barely above a whisper, her chest aching with anxiety and worry for his well being. In truth, she didn't want him to die. He must have come to her greenhouse for a reason. This stranger had threatened to take her life, yet she wanted to reach a gentle hand out to him, and heal him. Why...?

NOTES, oh dear!
TAGS, @Shest
Gryphon
  • 141 yrs
  • Single
  • Lorna Gallagher
I'm not afraid of dying; I'm afraid I haven't been alive enough.
Posted On: Apr 4 2017, 01:11 PM

◥◤ He expected her to stiffen in fear, to beg to be spared. It's what he was used to, what he expected from strangers, from the people caught by his blade. It's how it always has been, always will be. Once his blade was on their neck, their brovado would fall and they would be left a blubbering mess of fear. However... she didn't do that. She had stiffened yes, but she relaxed, leaving him with the feeling of confusion for the first time in a long time.

And then she spoke of healing him, of knowing he was hurt, smelling the poison ravaging his body. She wanted to 'help'. He didn't need her help, didn't need anyone's help. He may have run away from his assailants, but a better part of him wanted to wither away and die, and another part, the cautious side of him, reminded him that strangers couldn't be trusted and that he'd be foolish to accept her help. A warning growl ripped through his throat, baring feline-like canines, a ode to the white tiger in him. There was no way he was going to allow her to touch him, to tend to wounds as she said she would. Shest didn't know if she was with a rival syndicate, or a mercenary sent to elimate him for getting in the way. She was an Unknown, and he'll be damned if he let an Unknown touch his wounds.

He spoke not a word as he leap away from her, immediately regretting his decision. His vision blurred and he held on to his stomach, trying to staunch the bleeding. He watched her wearily out of the corner of his eyes as he noticed towels by some plants, and took them, tearing them easily to create makeshift bandages. With that he moved out of the ground, shifting into his Gryphon form to fly away. He'd been here too long. Of course, just as luck would have it, his body convulsed and he returned to his human form. Shest felt the world sway around him before everything went black.

-- I’m not afraid of dying. I’m afraid I haven’t been alive enough
Mage
  • Twenty Three yrs
  • Taken
  • Shest
Posted On: Apr 23 2017, 11:53 PM
show me how to rise up
The sudden snarl of warning that was directed at her sent shivers down Lorna's spine. It occurred to her that it wouldn't be easy for her to help him, especially if he refused the aid she offered him. Then again, when was anything easy? She had to prove to this stranger that her word was sincere and genuine, but how could she do such a thing if he wouldn't allow her anywhere near him? As he backed away from her and grabbed the towels nearby, Lorna grew wide-eyed. "Oi, lad! That's not...!" She trailed off as he suddenly transformed before her.

He was...a griffin? She had heard of such beings, but to see one up close was truly a sight to behold. This man was a marvel, to be sure, but to see his true form made the woman's heart flutter without her realizing it. However, that moment didn't last as long as she thought as he suddenly collapsed onto the ground, hands hovering over her parted lips as he lost consciousness. Without as much as a second thought, Lorna rushed over to him, kneeling down only to notice the blood already beginning to pool onto the concrete floor. Biting her lip, she seized the opportunity to treat his wounds.

Grabbing a few medicinal herbs, gauze, and a wet towel, she hesitantly removed his upper article of clothing and proceeded to wipe away the blood that threatened to leave his body. Once the bleeding slowly began to stop, she grabbed a needle and medical thread to stitch his open wounds and then placing the medicinal herbs onto each injury on his upper body. It amazed her on how calm she was while treating him. She took her time while doing this, yet she hurried to make sure he didn't lose any more blood. Once done, she wrapped him up with gauze and kept it together with a safety pin.

With a sigh of relief, she smiled at her work, then grabbed a spare blanket and pillow from nearby and gently laid his head down onto the cushion and covered him with the comforter. She had a tendency to fall asleep in her own greenhouse; the plants and flowers in here gave her more comfort and security than her own room and bed. She then turned to the dragonfly familiar that watched the scene from afar.

"Fern... Keep an eye on the lad, would ye? I'll prepare a cup o' tea fer him." She requested, earning a flutter of his wings in response. She took it as a yes, and slowly stood on her feet to quickly boil a pot of tea for him once he awoke.

NOTES, hang in there shest!!
TAGS, @Shest
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Cbox Rules

• ONE | Use your OOC name to chat in the cbox.
  • TWO | Keep cbox topics appropriate.
  • THREE | Do not pester members or staff regarding threads, posts or applications.
  • FOUR | Be respectful.
  • FIVE | Be welcoming to all members and guests.
  • SIX | Please read our rules and lore before asking questions!
  • SEVEN | Do not advertise.
  • EIGHT | Please take concerns to staff private message!
  • NINE | Need a staff member? Ask for: Vixen, Nova, Exe, Elsen, Joo, Ser or Ru.
Full Cbox Rules